From shoulder bags to backpacks, from satchels to duffle bags, everyone needs a camera bag to carry valuables along. Photographers use a variety of tools and bags when they travel as they prove to be very handy. However, choosing the best camera bag out of so many options is a difficult task. Going through all the variety can be much frustrating and time consuming.
If you’re a photographer you’ll have to carry your cameras and gadgets everywhere and that too in a safe and comfortable way. In this post we’ve reviewed the best mirrorless camera bags to assist you is making an informed decision.
Top-rated Mirrorless Camera Bag for Travel
Our top picks for the best mirrorless camera bags
So what is the best mirrorless camera bag for travel? When you’re on the go, you’ll mostly want your mirrorless camera close to you. However, it’s not a good idea to keep it hanging with you through a neck strap. A mirrorless camera bag will keep your gear protected and will swallow a lot of camera kits too. In this list we’ve covered one of the best mirrorless camera bags for travel so that you choose one without putting much effort. Here is the list:
1. MindShift Gear OutBound Holster 20- (Best lightweight camera bag)
- The mirror-less camera bag is made up of 400D nylon canvas on the exterior side which is very easy to clean and provides protective functionsThe camera bag has 5 mounting configurations: shoulder/sling, pack/front harness, chest, storage, and belt
- The bag is equipped with rain cover which is a very handy feature especially when the weather is unpredictable
- The bag uses YKK zippers that are smooth and are of premium quality
- The MindShift bag is made up of 420D nylon and features durable water resistant finish
- There is mesh back that makes sure that the area is well-ventilated. The belt and shoulder straps have soft and comfortable padding
MindShift Gear OutBound Holster 20 Review
The MindShift Gear OutBound is a good quality bag that provides snug storage for your camera gear. It offers good camera protection and is quite versatile. There is a comfortable neoprene shoulder pad that allows you to hang it from shoulder very easily. There are also extra straps included in the package that allow you to strap the bag to your waist or position it to your chest.
The front pouch of the bag is quite roomy and it can fit a lot of accessories such as lens filters. There is also good space below the domed lid so you can fit memory cards. The good thing about this bag is that it is available in different sizes so you choose one that fits your needs.
For a mirrorless camera, the smallest size would be perfect as it will easily accommodate it. The camera will fit snugly and there’ll be some space on the top too. If you’re in the market for a good quality holster bag this one is a good choice. Though it is a bit expensive, but it delivers excellent value for money.
- It offers multiple wearing positions
- It has an excellent fit and finish
- It can fit a variety of mirrorless cameras and gear
- The exterior storage has room for improvement
2. Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L- (Best comfortable camera bag)
- It has a volume of 10L which is large enough to carry daily accessories and a camera kit
- The mirror-less camera bag is made up of 400D nylon canvas on the exterior side which is very easy to clean and provides protective functions
- There are two outer zippers that have weather sealing. All the hardware on the exterior side is made up of anodized aluminum which is lightweight yet durable
- The interior material is ‘poly-spun mixed twill’ which is soft and comfortable to touch
- There are high-density EVA foam flex-fold dividers that are secure and protective
- There are swivels on the both sides of the adjustable straps so that you easily conform the bag according to your liking
Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L Review
The Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L is our all-time favorite as it is very comfortable to carry around and is perfect for meeting everyday needs. The bag is compact and lightweight and the strap length is adjustable. The bag is thus suitable for travelling as well as walking around. You can easily tighten up the strap and carry your camera and equipment on your back while you’re running or cycling.
The camera bag can easily fit your camera and gear even when they’re attached to the body. The camera bag has been manufactured according to the airline guidelines and you can keep it under your seat while traveling. There are convenient pockets where you can keep batteries, SD cards, and other items.
The Peak Design camera bag looks very decent and the good thing is that it doesn’t look like a camera bag so that no one can guess what’s inside it. The zippers also loop together to make the closure more secure. There is not much padding but there is enough cushioning to protect your valuables if you bumped the bag somewhere.
- It has enough space for accommodating a mirrorless camera and gear
- There is a quick-release adjuster
- The interior organization is customizable
- It is comfortable and compact
- It is stylish and expandable
- The access to front pocket is slow
- It is expensive
3. Billingham Hadley Pro- (Best weather sealed camera bag)
- The Billingham Hadley Pro is made up of leather and features solid brass fittings
- The bag is extremely sturdy and durable. It can withstand drops, bumps, scrapes, rainstorms, snowstorms, and what not
- The main flap features Billingham Quick Release system and the front pockets have separate flaps
- The Hadley Pro Insert is removable and there is a gap between the insert and the bag that can be used to store papers
- There is a strong web handle that is riveted to the main flap
- The shoulder strap is very comfortable if you use the right pad
- The back has a pouch with zipper which can accommodate flat things
Billingham Hadley Pro Review
The Billingham Hadley Pro is a classy shoulder bag featuring a canvas-style construction. The camera bag looks stylish and is compact as well. The bag features leather straps with buckle and top metal knobs. You can adjust the buckle if you want to put more gear inside the bag. When you remove the top flap, you’ll come across the two large pockets that can easily swallow a lot of stuff.
The front pockets are expandable and there are buttons on them that allow you to put more stuff into the bag or make it more compact. The bag has enough room to accommodate a mirror-less camera and the two front pockets can be used for putting accessories. The rear zippered pocket is quite roomy and can accommodate a tablet easily.
- It has a sleek and stylish design
- It is beautifully designed
- It provides protection against weather
- It is very comfortable
- It has expandable pockets
- It is very well designed
- The bag doesn’t provides quick access
- The shoulder pads add to extra cost
4. CosySpeed Camslinger Outdoor- (Best camera bag with belt design)
- The mirrorless camera bag is designed with PU leather and 900D Nylon construction and is quite sturdy and durable
- There is a quick access magnetic closure that allows you to reach to your camera and gear easily
- The adjustable belt is 30 to 50 inches and can be extended to 65 inches with a quick release buckle
- The nylon material protects the valuables from dust, scratches, and bumps
- Rain cover, finger strap, and belt extension are included
- There are four dividers included so that you arrange the configuration of the main pocket the way you like
CosySpeed Camslinger Outdoor Review
The CopySpeed Camslinger Outdoor camera bag can easily support a mirrorless camera along with a medium-sized lens. The good thing about this carry bag is that all of the bag’s weight will be transferred to the belt and your shoulders and back won’t hurt. The closure mechanism is also good and it allows you to open or close using one hand.
While your camera bag is on your waist, you can access it quickly and easily. However, don’t worry about the safety of your camera as the bag can’t be accidentally opened. Most of the users love this camera bag because it allows them to take out their photography gear as quickly as possible.
The pockets are secured with good quality zippers along with extension cords for the ease of the users. There is a black rain cover at the bottom of the bag’s pocket and it protects the bag from being lost. There are four attachment loops on the outside of the bag that allow you to fix the bag to your thighs during climbing or horse riding.
- It provides quick access to camera
- It is available in different colors
- The belt design keeps the weight off your shoulders
- It is made up of high quality materials
- There is thigh band and raincover attached
- It features adjustable main compartment
- It is suitable for only one camera and some accessories
5. Tenba Solstice Sling 10L- (Best stylish camera bag)
- The Tenba Solstice is an easy to access bag while providing all-day carrying comfort
- It can easily accommodate a mirrorless camera along with 2 to 3 lenses and can also fit compact drones
- It can easily accommodate a full-size tablet or iPad of 10 inches as it has a tablet sleeve
- The side pocket fits a large water bottle or tripod easily
Tenba Solstice Sling 10L Review
The Tenba Solstice Sling 10L is perfect for carrying a mirrorless camera while providing full protection. It has a decent front, base and rear padding, and enough internal dividers. The carry bag has a tough feel and is made up of good quality water-resistant materials. There is a full-length side flap that allows you to access the items in the bag.
There is an expandable pouch too that allows you to keep a bottle or a small travel tripod in the bag. The camera bag features a secondary cross body strap that allows you to keep the bag attached to your body firmly while you’re moving. The main strap is a wide one that sits on the left shoulder. The strap is properly padded along with a nice back padding for a comfortable experience.
The mirrorless camera bag also includes a removable weather wrap rain cover that provides extra protection during the wet weather. The interior is dynamic and well-designed and it allows you to adjust and organize your camera and gear according to your preference.
- It has a compact design
- It has a versatile interior size
- It is of very good quality
- The bag can accommodate only a tablet and not a laptop
6. Miggo MW AG-TSP BB 65- (Best camera bag for short trips)
- It features IPX3 rain-proof standard protection. This allows you to take the camera bag along with you anywhere on the go
- There are padded touch-fastened interior dividers that allow you to organize your camera and gear efficiently
- Shoulder and stabilizing straps are included for carrying the bag with comfort
- You can carry the bag as a sling or a backpack according to your preference
- It can easily hold a mirrorless or DSLR camera with lenses
Miggo MW AG-TSP BB 65 Review
The Miggo MW AG-TSP BB65 is for all those photographers who don’t want a huge and bulky bag for carrying their favorite camera and gear along. This is a shoulder bag and it’s enough to carry your valuables. If you have smaller camera kits, then this one is a good choice. You can take it along with you for smaller trips.
The good thing about this carry bag is that you can convert it to a backpack if you find the side bag a bit annoying. The bag also provides good weather protection and thus it is a great option if you want to travel when the weather is unpredictable. You can keep your valuables in the secure back pocket to keep them dry and safe throughout when it’s raining.
According to some users, the bag feels a bit too tight and they have to force the zipper to close it. However, that depends on the type of camera bag you’re using. The bag is perfect for using a mirrorless camera and if you put a DSLR in it, it would obviously feel too snug.
- It is compact and portable
- It has a stylish and comfortable design
- It provides good protection against the weather
- It is made up of good quality materials
- It can’t accommodate larger cameras
7. Manfrotto Noreg Messenger 30- (Best laptop and camera bag)
- It is a shoulder bag with removable padded insert; the bag is good for short expeditions
- The removable padded laptop sleeve at the back of the bag allows you to carry your laptop along or keep it at home while you’re on a trip
- There is a pair of straps on the front of the bag that allows you to keep a lightweight travel tripod
- The zipper access allows you to reach your camera without unclipping the lid again
- There is a rain-cover that stretches on the top and protects the bag during unpredictable weather conditions
Manfrotto Noreg Messenger 30 Review
If you need to travel along with your mirrorless camera and keep your laptop with you too, you can choose the Manfrotto Noreg Messenger 30. It’s an interesting bag having a versatile modular system. The carry bag can easily accommodate a 15 inches laptop, a small DSLR or mirrorless camera and other gear for example one or two extra lenses.
The build quality of the bag is amazing, there is enough padding that allows you to carry the bag around comfortably. The bag is durable and the padding prevents the equipment inside the bag to remain safe from bumps and knocks. The laptop sleeve is detachable and you can remove it too whenever you don’t want to use it. The bag lid is easy to use but it doesn’t provide quick access to the internals.
There is lack of grip on the strap and it is difficult to wear the bag on the right shoulder. You can wear the carry bag only across the chest and thus there is only one configuration for carrying the bag. If you’re a casual shooter, the bag is a good option as it provides versatility for commuting while shooting.
- It features adaptability and versatility
- The laptop sleeve is detachable
- It is a perfect commuter bag
- It is ideal for short trips and expeditions
- You can keep small tripods only on the front
Things you MUST KNOW before choosing your Best Mirrorless Camera Bag for Travel
All you have to do is to determine your requirements and then figure out the type of mirrorless camera bag that will be the best for you. While you’re on the quest for the perfect camera bag for travel, you can consider these factors to make your job easier:
Mirrorless camera bags are lightweight and compact and they allow you to have a good camera with you always. If you travel a lot and for extended periods, you need a lightweight bag because a bulky one will make it difficult for you to carry it around. Always consider your comfort before buying a camera bag so that it doesn’t get in the way.
A travelling camera bag should be packed with safety features as it will contain your valuables. The straps of the bag should be sturdy and they should not cause discomfort while you carry it around. Also, zippers should be of good quality so that a pickpocket can’t sneak into the bag and steal things when you aren’t paying attention. A good quality mirrorless camera bag should protect all your equipment and should be easier to carry around.
Your camera bag should be able to accommodate all your gear, but on the other hand it needs to be compact and comfortable too. Since mirrorless cameras are much smaller than the DSLRs, small sized camera bags would do well if you want to carry them. The size of the carry bag will depend on the gear that you’ll take along while traveling, so decide accordingly.
Other things to consider
Carry bags are made up of leather, cotton, canvas, or ballistic nylon, so you can choose accordingly. Make sure you go for a carry bag that has water-resistant features so that you’re carefree if the weather is unpredictable. Other things to consider include multiple compartments or pockets, water bottle holder, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the camera bags can be easily cleaned using mild soapy water or a cloth or sponge. We recommend using sponge or damp cloth for cleaning the bag and then leaving it to dry for some hours. Make sure the bag is completely dry before you put your camera and gear into it.
The best quality camera bags are made up of abrasion-resistant fabrics and thus they last for long. These camera bags are designed to withstand the wear and tear of daily use and frequent traveling. If you’re a professional photographer or filmmaker, you can rely on these bags for their durability.
YKK is the largest and most reliable zipper brand in the world. If you see the ‘YKK logo’ or stamp on the zipper slider, you should know that it was designed with highest quality maintenance standards. YKK zippers are the most durable and reliable zippers available on the market.
Now that depends on the type of camera bag you’re buying. If you need a camera bag for traveling with unpredictable weather conditions, you must check if the bag features Durable Water Resistant (DWR) coatings on the front and Polyurethane (PU) back coatings to prevent water from going inside the bag.
It is difficult to select a camera bag when there are so many options available to choose from. However, we have simplified your selection process by reviewing the best mirrorless camera bags for travel. These bags are compact and lightweight and are roomy enough to carry your mirrorless camera and some gear along with you on the go.
If you’re in dire need of a mirror-less camera bag for traveling, you won’t be disappointed if you buy one of our top picks. The MindShift Gear Outbond Holster 20 is a perfect camera bag for traveling and is quite versatile too. The Peak Design EveryDay Sling 10L is a comfortable bag that will be your ideal companion while you polish your photography skills on the go.
Read Also: Best Drawing Tablet Under $100